Tuesday, February 22, 2011

coming out....

I have not been overt about my faith on this blog as I wasn't sure if this was going to be a "professional" blog or personal ranting and ravings - and did not wish to offend anybody.  But today I have decided that if I am going to be talking about my lifetime value there is no way I can leave out my faith - it is the sole defining characteristic of who I am and my value - whether professional or not. 

Today marks the first day of my new job.  I have struggled with the transition almost as much as I am excited about it.  I am going back to school and this position will be an amazing fit for me to pursue an interest that I have always had but never acted on.  I will be studying Workplace Theology (specifically getting a Master of Arts in Religion, Workplace Theology and Ethics) at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary while raising money through direct response for the Salvation Army Metropolitan Division in Chicago as my day job.

Moving from a national organization to a regional program has its benefits and its ego challenges :)  But God has very clearly used the last two weeks to encourage my decision to change my career and with it my life.  He has used people I have meet in professional settings to encourage the decisions I have made to put my faith first.... that's right people I have meet outside of church! He has proven to me that the integration of work and personal life is a great thing and he will be there to encourage me even when smooshing those two together isn't easy... and down right scary.

So here goes... my name is Suzanne Joiner and I am a Christian.  I <3 Jesus and I <3 direct marketing.. .now you know and knowing is half the battle...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've come out of the proverbial Jesus closet.

    ReplyDelete